A healthy and glowing skin, it is said, does not just reflect the physical well being, it is a matter of the mind too and increases your confidence levels several notches, regardless of your age. There are many sides to it and various treatments have evolved over time. The conventional plastic surgery of yesteryears where incisions had to be made and the skin tightened over the face required extensive downtime and recuperation periods. Today it has come down to a quick visit to the dermatologist during lunch break at office for a session of skin rejuvenation treatment. However, it is not necessary that you should visit clinics only and spend substantially for getting a glowing skin. A judicious mix of home remedies and professional help should be opted for.
Here are a few tips that should ensure that age is halted in its tracks so far as your skin is concerned.
- Always remove your makeup before going to bed. Be very strict about this regimen. Makeup clogs the pores of the skin and this might result in blackheads and blemishes, all of which can be avoided if the skin is free to “breathe” throughout the night. It is not necessary that you should use a makeup remover only, dab cottonwool in olive oil and gently massage the oil in upward motions onto your face to get rid of the dirt and makeup.
- Regardless of whether it is sunny or cloudy outside, do not forget to apply sunscreen lotion with a minimum SPF of 15. Harmful ultraviolet rays of the sun, even if it filters through cloud layers are the primary cause for age spots, wrinkles and other skin related issues. However, if you are heading for the beaches or snow clad mountains, add an extra coat of sunscreen with SPF of at least 30. Read the label to ensure that it has ‘noncomedogenic’ or ‘nonacnegenic’ printed on it. Such products do not block pores of the skin.
- Indulge yourself with periodical visits to beauty and skin care clinics. Laser operated skin rejuvenation treatments with a microdermabrasion machine machine and IPL machines gives excellent results and leaves the skin soft and glowing. Layer upon layer of dead and old skin cells are moved in a process that is somewhat similar to sandpapering a surface. When new cells grow over the treated area, it has a smooth and glowing texture. This process is painless, quick and without any side effects and is good for removing wrinkles, and fine lines around the mouth and the forehead.
However, ensure that you visit a clinic where the best of machines are installed and these are handled by trained and qualified technicians and dermatologists. Just for reference, top of the line laser beauty and skin care equipment is imported and distributed in Australia by Universal Medical Aesthetics. These devices are made from the finest components and sourced from leading manufacturers from around the world.
- Regular exercise adds a shine to your skin. Jogging or running or even yoga increases blood circulation and you will notice a glow after working out. However, taking care of your skin before and after workouts is crucial. Apply a toner before starting to lower oil production. After you have finished exfoliate your skin and apply shea butter. It will keep the skin soft and moisturised.
- Finally, apart from all those lotions and creams, what you eat is also very important. For radiant skin, a diet with plenty of greens, fresh fruit and food with sufficient Vitamin C, proteins and vitamins is advisable. A low-sugar diet is also recommended. Keep away from spicy, fried and fermented foods and reduce your salt intake.
Follow these tips for a healthy and glowing skin. Do not forget that there is nothing better than having a disciplined and regular lifestyle with lots of sleep thrown in if you want to hold on to the radiance of your youth.